Wait what?? Chocolate bowls! And they are the easiest little DIY treat ever.
If you ‘re on a budget and you wana impress your significant other or future wifey, then you HAVE to make these for your next romantic night in. Seriously, it’ll look like you put so much time and effort into these chocolate bowls (major brownie points).
I’m no Martha Stewart over here. And if I’m being completely honest, I totally burnt my chocolate the first time around.
Anyways… the 2nd time around was much better.
It literally takes seconds to whip up + 1hr in the freezer & you’re good to go.
What you’ll need: balloons, melting chocolate, toppings, parchment paper, and oil.
– Blow up your balloon to the size of bowl you want
– Melt your chocolate (read the instructions on YOUR chocolate)
– Stir until you get a silky smooth consistency
– Scoop a small amount of chocolate onto a piece of parchment paper. This will serve as the base of the chocolate bowl.
– Coat the bottom of the balloon with a tiny bit of oil. This will prevent the chocolate from sticking.
– Dip the balloon into your bowl of melted chocolate. Keep spinning it until it is thick and covered. Place the balloon onto your little base of chocolate on the parchment paper.
– Put them in the fridge until the chocolate completely hardens (1hr – 2hrs depending on how cold your freezer/fridge is)
– Once your chocolate hardens, pop the balloon with something sharp. Peel off the remaining bits of balloon (this part should be easy if you coated your balloon with oil).
For toppings, you can totally get creative with it. And I’m sure most of you guys will probably think of something way better than what I have.
- Fruits: Strawberries, blueberries, cherries, etc
- Ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Sprinkles of your choice (you can totally get these anywhere )
TA-Da! That’s it.
And for those of you who get bored while you wait for your balloons to freeze, you can totally make these stuffed chocolate strawberries while you wait.
– Use a straw to poke through the top of the strawberry. This will take the top off and create a perfect hole.
– Fill your strawberry with your choice of melted white chocolate or ice cream
– Dip the bottom of the strawberry in the rest of your dark chocolate
– Option to sprinkle some sprinkles over the chocolate strawberries
– Refrigerate for 30 minutes OR consume immediately
PS: Hope you guys enjoyed the short video by @cyrustolentino!