Many of our Violet Fog readers are busy working girls that ain’t got tiiiime to stand over a stove and cook involved meals.
So the Violet Fog team decided that we’re going to bring you “Busy Girl Recipes”, which are recipes that aren’t super involved, require VERY few ingredients (most will have less than five), and still taste really good.
This artichoke recipe is your answer to a quick snack or a classy side dish. It’s a little more involved than pulling out a bag of chips from your pantry, but I promise it’s way healthier and still delicious.
Hands on Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
What you need
- 1-2 Artichokes
- 1 table spoon of soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of mayo
What you do
- Steam artichokes. I personally chop off the stem and pop the entire artichoke in my Instant Pot on high for 20 minutes. You can also use a steamer basket and do it over the stove (instructions here). If you don’t have these fancy contraptions, here’s a microwave steamed artichoke recipe. You don’t necessarily have to do all these fancy things with the leaves. It just prevents the artichoke from stabbing you when you eat it. I tend to live on the edge.
- Mince garlic and mix with soy sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Plate artichokes with soy sauce mixture and mayo.
- THAT’S IT.
Let me know – do you guys want more Busy girl recipes & any requests? I’m always looking to make healthy versions of certain dishes and easier versions of complex recipes. To us: the healthier and easier the better.