Last time we went to Portland, we had the PLEASURE… of staying at the brand new AC hotel in downtown Portland. They were kind enough to host us so we could see what this new hotel was all about. The AC hotel is an offshoot of Marriot Hotels- and this offshoot is boutique-y and often represents local artists and designers of the cities they are built in. THEY’RE SO COOL! Sleek, vintage-esque,… quirky… dapper. Those are the words that come to mind. 😉
Here’s some cool things to note about the AC Hotel in Portland:
1. Cool lobby– lots of trinkets are unorthodox art pieces to admire. Like a giant owl bookshelf…
2. A quaint little coffee spot that acts as a hidden gem inside the lobby… almost looks like it’s inside a tree or something. Can’t quite figure it out and that’s kind of the fun of it. The coffee is Water Avenue— and even Rad aka “the Snobby Foodie” was impressed!
3. The eating/tapas area reminds you of being in a space station. Well, that was our impression at least. 😛
4. Wall art that makes you go, “what the heck?” in the best way possible. All over the hotel.
5. A gorgeous marble bar where you can get some bomb diggity cocktails.
So fun to stop by here at night. Which our friend (and new VF writer) Nao did– check her picture below. She got… I don’t remember what she got (lol) but she loved it!
6. The Rooms are minimalist style and fashionable. Wood like floors, bright white bedding, artwork, black showers… so cool.
7. THE SOAP. Okay call me crazy but it was oddly satisfying using their hand soap because it’s shaped like a golf ball and just made the hand washing experience feel so– pleasing? lol. See Nao’s photo below. And if you ever use the soap you’ll be like, “okay okay, I know what that chick was talking about….” promise.
8. Comfy beds. With high speed internet, Netflix, bluetooth speakers on the tv, city views…
And two final points I’d like to make:
9. Affordable. Rooms can be as low as $130/night but you think it’d be way more expensive!
10. It feels like a home away from home. Super friendly staff, they have a GYM (and it’s nice) and the hotel is in the heart of downtown Portland. CONVENIENT.
We so recommend staying here if you’re visiting Portland or live nearby and want a “staycation.” This hotel is just an all around cool and easy-breezy experience. Let us know if you go!
AC Hotel 888 SW Third Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97204
AC Hotel Instagram
AC Hotel Facebook
Written by your home girls at The Violet Fog