For these “Busy Girl” recipes, Katey challenges me to come up with recipes that use less than 5 ingredients and still taste good. It seriously pains me to eliminate ingredients. I want this spice- and that one- and ALL the spices. Regardless, this recipe is bomb, especially for Valentines day – even though it has 5-ish ingredients.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (oh baby, this Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla is a dream)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 package fresh strawberries and/or blueberries (haha – see what I did there? 5 ingredients!)
- Mix sour cream, brown sugar and vanilla in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream until starts to thicken –whip until thick. Basically whip until little SF-like hills form in your cream. I use this blender. It’s cheap and it beats blending by hand (which you CAN do.) No pun intended. Seriously – unless you want ONE sick bicep (which I rocked for a while), get a blender.
- Add mixed cream into sour cream mixture and blend.
- Serve with fresh blueberries and strawberries.
Whether you’re enjoying Valentine’s Day by yourself – or sharing it with your boo or best friend- this is the perfect treat. To be honest, I would be reluctant to share a dessert like this with anyone. I’d want it all for myself….
Senior Writer || Snob in Chief at The Snobby Foodie || ENTJ || Once went to four coffee shops in one day to find the best one…